This season shows a gentle sense of retro peeking through for wardrobes but with a distinctly modern edge.
New sharp short modern hair, the understated eye, strong lip colour, the white shirt, and pussy-cat bow, ropes of pearls, chunky knits and the houndstooth jacket can all be worn together to create this season's look.
Explore these key looks ...
1) The White Shirt and pussy-cat bow for sophisticated femininity and a high dose of modesty.
2) Lightweight puffer jackets at just the weight of your favourite glass of champagne. These weightless wonders are great little travellers, city or country chic and covetable, especially the navy.
3) Big cabled sweaters in a merino angora blend, shorter styles for wearing with a skirt and long for skinny pants or tights.
4) Faux fur screams versatility, country casual over jeans or dressed for dinner.
5) Bold graphic prints that are architecturally a step up from prints of the past.
6) Masculine vs feminine design elements to add comfort and functionality to outfits.
7) Blue plays an integral role in winter's palette, ranging from navy right through to lighter shades.
8) Boots and shoes are noticeably chunky except for the classic knee high flat or stiletto styles. You'll enjoy the new stretch boots available in light brown, blue and dark brown, add-ons to our classic black. And don't just think leather. The patent bootie is a gem with opaque hose. Lace up brogues look at home with man style cropped pants and trouser suits, and adding our new packaged sporty stripe tights will keep the look modern.
9) Luxe fabrics make all the difference. We have introduced a light winter washable fabric with a cosy handle; a mix of cashmere, MicroModal and Lycra. Styles are quite forgiving and a little looser than our ESSENTIAL classics.
10) Women are now understanding how our affordable LAYERS pieces can transform necklines and sleeve lengths. I take them on every trip to create day to dinner looks for warmth or when I want to add a sleeve and the black is a perfect match with Microjersey.